Since Microsoft has made Windows 10 activation accessible for the users, they are facing issues with it. Due to this feature, a big list of Windows 10 error codes are created. The Windows 10 error code 0x8024a105 is one among those errors from the list.
This Windows 10 error code is being faced by many users on a daily basis. However, if you are suffering from this irritating issue, then you need help from this guide. Hence, you can easily study this article in order to know some fixing methods for the same.
Hence, here in this article, you will get to learn the causes and their fixing methods. Therefore, you can move forward to the following section of the article.
Get to Know the Common Causes of this Windows 10 error code 0x8024a105
Now, we will try to make you understand some of the common causes of this Windows error code. Hence, you can now have a look at the points that we have listed:
- If the Windows registry files are corrupt or missing.
- Also if the device drivers are not compatible with the new Windows Operating system.
- In another case, if the Windows firewall restricts the installation of Windows then also the issue can persist.
- You can get this error if the update fails to install.
- Insufficient hard disk storage is also another reason for the issue.
- Poor or no internet connection is also responsible for this issue.
Therefore, these are some of the common causes of the Windows error code. So, now it’s time to get through the solutions in order to fix the issue. Hence, proceed to the next section below.
Easy fixes for the Windows 10 Update error code 0x8024a105
Hence, in this section, you can perform the methods to resolve the issue right away. In order to get the best results, you have to follow all the steps in an orderly manner. Therefore, now you can have a look at the methods that we have mentioned below:
Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool
Running the inbuilt Windows Update Troubleshooter tool can help you to resolve the issue. Hence, the steps to follow are provided as follows:
- In the first step, open the Start menu and then, type Troubleshoot in the search bar.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot option from the result list. This action will invoke the Troubleshoot Settings window.
- After that, you have to find and click on the Windows Update option from the list.
- On finding it, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Now, wait for the process to finish and follow any on-screen prompts to continue the process.
- When the process finishes, you can check if the error code 0x8024a105 is still there or not.
So, this is how you can fix the Windows Update issue by running the Troubleshooter tool. Hence, we expect that you are able to fix the issue on your own. For other troubleshooting methods, you can refer to the next part.
Method 2: Clear and Reset the Software Distribution Folder
The Software Distribution Folder is a part of the Windows Update Component where all the update files are stored. Hence, you have to reset or clear this Software Distribution Folder as soon as possible. Hence, you can take the help of the steps in the following section:
- First of all, press and hold down the Windows logo key and the X key at the same time.
- Now, from the popup list of options, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Now, inside the black Command Prompt window, you have to type the following commands:
- First Command is: .net stop wuauserv
- The second Command is: net stop cryptSvc
- The third Command is: net stop bits
- The fourth Command is: net stop msiserver
- Do remember to hit the Enter key after typing each command.
- As all the commands execute, navigate to the following path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
- Now, select all the files and delete them.
- Again go back to the Command Prompt window and type the following commands:
- First Command is: net start wuauserv
- The second Command is: net start cryptSvc
- The third Command is: net start bits
- The fourth Command is: net start msiserver
- Here also you have to press the Enter key after typing each command
- Now, restart your system and then check if the Windows error 0x8024a105 persists or not.
Therefore, you can resolve the Windows update issue by following the steps above. However, if the issue still persists, then follow the next method below.
Method 3: Try to Reset the Catroot2 Folder
Resetting the catroot2 folder will help to resolve the issue in an efficient way. Hence, you get to fix the issue with the steps that follow:
- Again using the Windows logo key and the “X” key, open the popup list like in the previous method.
- Now select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- When inside the black Command Prompt window, you have to type the following commands:
- First Command is: net stop cryptsvc
- Second Command is: md %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old
- Third Command is: xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
- Forth Command is: net start cryptsvc
- Hit the Enter key after typing each command.
- Once all the commands execute, you have to delete all the files that are inside the Catroot2 Folder.
- After doing this, reboot your system.
- Once the system restarts, check if the Windows error code still shows up or not.
Hence after performing these steps above, we expect that you will be able to resolve the issue easily. In case the issue still persists, then follow the next method for the fix..
Method 4: Find and Fix the Corrupted Files by using the DISM tool
If there are corrupted files present in your system then it can cause the Windows 10 update issue. Hence, you can use the inbuilt DISM tool to find and remove the corrupted files. Therefore, the steps that will help are given below:
- Just like in the previous method, open the black Command Prompt window.
- After that, you have to type “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” command.
- In the next step, press the Enter key from the system’s keyboard.
- Now, wait for the command to execute and then restart your system.
- As the system reboots, you can check if the Windows error code still occurs or not.
After using the DISM tool, you can resolve the issue easily. In case you want to know other way fo fixing the error, then move to the next section of the article below.
Method 5: Try to Customize the Windows Update Settings
Windows allows its users to customize the Update Settings. Hence, you can take this advantage in order to resolve the issue. Therefore, you can get through the issue by following the steps underneath:
- In the first step, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows logo key once. Now type Settings in the search bar.
- After that, press the Enter key to open up the Settings app of the Windows 10 Operating System.
- Now, inside the Settings app, navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- In the next step, you have to proceed to the Advanced Options link. Now here you can click on it in order to open it.
- After that, mark the checkbox saying ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Delivery Optimization option. After that, toggle the option of ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ to turn it On.
- Finally, close all the active window and check if you still get to see the Windows error code or not.
Hence, this is how you can fix the issue with the help of the steps above. For the last resort, you can move to the next section of the article.
Method 6: Start the Windows Modules Installer service
Here you have to make sure that the Windows Modules Installer service is started and running. In case it is not, then start the service through the undermentioned steps:
- At first, right-click on the Start option and then click on the Computer Management option from the list.
- Now expand the Services and Application section and then select the Services option.
- After that, you have to find the Windows Modules Installer option and then right-click on it.
- Next, select the Properties option and then navigate to the General tab.
- Now you have to set the Start type to Manual or Automatic.
- In order to save the changes, click on the Apply button and then on the OK button.
- Now reboot your system and then check if the Windows update error code still pops up or not.
We hope that now you will be able to fix the issue on your own.
To conclude, we have discussed the ultimate methods to fix the Windows 10 error code 0x8024a105. Moreover, we expect that you will not face any other issue regarding Windows. However, for any further help, you can take the help of the experts through the comments section below.